Wednesday, March 21, 2007

In the Company of Men

Since Dad arrived, I am now in the care and company of men alone. If I want a steak, then steak it is. No quibbling about "wouldn't I rather have a nice bit of chicken" or some fruit or other "healthy" repast.

Voices far deeper and metaphor-driven now fill the apartment, answering questions authoritatively and wheeling deals like rainmakers negotiating rain with an indifferent god.

But it's good. Well, at least, it's different. And different is nice when your holed up, as I am, in this Hobbit Hole of sheet rock.

I suppose it helps that I am feeling better these days. Thinking of reading a book again, if my eyes will focus. Perhaps an overdue movie from the Lisa days. Whatever the case, I am cared for now by men and am finding it quite nice.

No comments: