Friday, April 20, 2007

Leaving at Noon

The pop-up is popped, packed (mostly) and ready to be hooked up to the car. The weather is beautiful: warm and sunny. And I feel excellent, except for a persistent lack of appetite, slight nausea. But I've been going outside for a 15-20 minute walk consistently for the last few days, and I feel ready for hike in the woods (even if it is shorter than I'm accustomed to) and getting a little fresh air, sun.

I am so looking forward to consulting about my diet with Mark Anthony in Austin on Saturday. More on what he says when I return Sunday or Monday.

What's more: I've been able to look courageously at the allogeneic transplant. Though I think, if I proceed with it, that I'll do it here at Baylor in Dallas. I did some research as I walking talking on the phone to the transplant coordinator at Aetna. She is a nurse, and we both looked up marrow.org, which tells how many transplants various hospitals have done in the last year or so. Baylor, apparently, has done as many for MM as MD Anderson. That surprised me. Also, I will be so much more at ease doing this procedure AT HOME. Four months in Houston will significantly derail Kirk's work situation, which would NOT be good as it would mean a loss of this great insurance I have with Aetna. (This is just a feeling Kirk and I have, however. His work has not said this "in so many words" to him.)

Of course, God can make all things happen. So, if I had to return to MDA for the allo, so be it. I'm just reviewing my options.

As for Baylor, I've already consulted with a doctor there that I like. His name is Vance. He's youthful and extremely energetic. I like that in a doctor.

No comments: