Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Allogeneic Transplant Day

Kirk and I are sitting with Lisa in Apheresis as I'm writing this. Lisa's reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter, and Kirk is eating an apple while playing with his Blackberry. Just joking. He's actually only eating his apple right now.

Lisa's giving her stem cells...feeling good. No pain meds were necessary for her since 8PM last night. That's good because sometimes the Neupogen can make you feel rather achy. I have a slight headache, but it is really quite manageable. No nausea. I even ate a regular breakfast. Not too large, just something to put on my stomach to avoid stomach upset from the Cyclosporine.

I received a very nice CD of bible verses from Janice yesterday, but haven't had the chance to listen to them yet. I know I will sometime today. Thank you, Janice!

At 11AM, Kirk and I will go over to Radiation. I'll take radiation, then, if Lisa is finished in Apheresis, we'll all find something to eat for lunch. Then, I'll take the transplant here in Apheresis at 1PM or 2PM.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers. I am feeling quite calm now because of God's grace and mercy. Your prayers have been instrumental in this, and I do appreciate it very much.

No comments: