Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Quick Update

A praying friend whom I had not yet met in person just left the apartment. It was so great meeting her, since I've prayed and interacted with her on e-mail so many times. She traveled in Houston traffic to get here. But I'm so glad she came. It was a bright and shining light in the midst of what sometimes feels confusing and uncertain. We prayed, but mostly we talked about our backgrounds. Jacob stayed the whole time, talking with her too.

Kirk's first business flight was unexpectedly canceled (after hours of trying to make it work in the airport.) The reason: weather...somewhere between Dallas and his destination. But I'm not worried, since I've been praying for this meeting to go smoothly etc. for several days now. I know there is some reason he cannot be there physically. Two others from the company were close enough to actually be there for the meeting. He and the other two will participate from the Dallas office on a conference call. Pray that the meeting results is prosperous for all concerned.

My counts are pretty good. They still need to come up, though my doctors are not worried at all. I even went to physical therapy today. You're not supposed to be released to do that unless your "well enough." I was evaluated by a very nice physical therapist and ended up doing some exercise before it was time to go back up. The whole time I was, of course, attached to an IV pole. I was amazed at what I was able to do. And no nap was needed upon my return home! I'll go back Friday.

I am still sleeping very well, and this helps a lot when it comes to feeling peaceful about things. Jacob is doing a great job at being my caregiver. He does all the dishes regularly and makes sure I eat good things. I'm so proud of him. I know it'll be even more fun when Mom comes on Sunday.

Please pray for our apartment situation. We are not certain if the new insurance will pay for lodging. If it does not, we'll need to move into a "church apartment." There is a form we wanted faxed yesterday from Dr. Popat's office, but they lost the first page that had the fax number on it. It should go out in the morning. This will help us figure out what our next move will be.

Thanks for all of your prayers. My Magnesium hovers now around normal, but please pray it holds there so I don't have to take any more Magnesium in whatever form.

No comments: