Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Down to a Three-Day Schedule

Wonder of wonders. I am now officially on a three-day schedule. Starting next week I will go in to the outpatient clinic (sounds oxymoronic, huh?) only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. My next appointment is Friday and no weekend visit. Kirk comes in tonight (actually in about 5 minutes.) Then Jacob on Sunday.

I feel so blessed. My "probation" of treatment has been reduced. Thank you, Jesus!

Thank those of you who prayed for the Magnesium in my body to rise because it did. I am now officially in the low end of the "normal" range. From 1.6 to 1.8. I attribute this to your prayers and an inspiration (from the Lord, I'm sure) to eat more greens, almonds and Mg-fortified soy drinks. I am also taking the Mg Oxide pills only with food. (The other night I took one very late at night on an empty stomach and woke up nauseated....)

I am doing very well. Counts are rising. Things are very good.

Apparently, the Mg will be an issue as long as I'm on Cyclosporine, the immune suppresent I'm taking. I'll taper off of that eventually and Mg will not be an issue.

The white blood count went back down, but that is a normal fluctuation. Pray for continued raising of my "counts," since I am eager to have a healthy immune system to the best of my ability until I'm off the Cyclosporine.

No comments: