Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday on the ATC Bed Unit

On Sundays, I receive my treatment on a different floor and section of MD Anderson. The internet connection there was not good and neither was my cell phone connection. Try as I might I could not update my blog or make calls while I was there, but I can now.

Kirk's back in Dallas now, and, by now, he's probably started on the lawn. I shouldn't see him again until Friday. But my mom is here. She's in the kitchen cutting up peaches she's going to cook for me.

I was low in Magnesium again, so the nurse gave me even more to infuse at home. It'll be done soon though. I decided if I was so deficient in Mg I needed to find out what I could eat to boost it. Halibut, almonds and green vegetables. I don't know if I've ever eat Halibut, but I certainly like almonds. I'm going to see what else when I do some more research today. Like I said it was very difficult to do research on the internet from the room I was in today.

Otherwise, I'm still feeling pretty good. My energy is still low, but I'm able to eat really well. I'm keeping the headaches away as well.

When the sun goes down I'm going to try a walk around the park here in the apartment complex. Simple things, but so important.

No comments: