Friday, June 1, 2007

A Quieter Day

Lisa has one appointment today at noon with Infusion Therapy. Yesterday it was determined that the veins in her arms are too small, so they'll probably insert a shunt or something in a larger vein. More on this later.

We both started medications for the first time this morning. I started Cyclosporine, and Lisa started Neupogen shots. We prayed over both medicines. At this point, we're both working on our laptops until the appointment.

We were going to drive to Seabrook to visit with Denise, a friend I've known since Middle School. But the noon appointment postpones things a bit. Also, I thought we wouldn't start any new medications until Saturday morning. Since we started this morning, though it's not likely, we have to think about how we might feel physically.

I set the Cyclosporine out on the window sill in a bowl, as another trial patient recommended. She's a nurse and noticed that letting the pills "air out" diminished the bad smell they have and helped reduce any stomach upset.

The bone marrow biopsy yesterday was my first with sedation. I woke up with a headache...probably because I could not drink after midnight. Also, Houston takes some getting used to with all the mold and pollution in the air. I felt as if the Holy Spirit came before the procedure and took away my headache. I ended up not having to take anything for it by the time they came to set up my IV.

Last night, Lisa and I went to the Hobbit Cafe. I had a great egg salad platter with some greens, since Cathy and the other doctors said I could have a salad before going back to not eating raw vegetables and fruits. We bought t-shirts at the Hobbit Cafe. Lisa's has Thorin Oakenshield and mine has Gandalf. They are my favorite kind of t-shirt. The kind with the cap sleeves and on the small side. I call it "baby doll," but you get my drift.

We have some movies we're going to watch. Stuff like Charlie's Angels, Sideways and 13 Going on 30. We watched Blast From the Past earlier this week. It was really funny. I'd never seen it before. It tickled me.

4 comments:

Don said...

My thoughts are with you as you travel this road. Please keep blogging so that we know how you are doing, and so that we can learn from your journey.

Sherry said...

Thanks for keeping up with my progress.

God is good!

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

Thanks for keeping up with my progress.

God is good!