Sunday, June 3, 2007

Shopping and Fun

Today Lisa and I went shopping at the Galleria. We got so busy enjoying ourselves that we didn't realize what time it was. Kirk had to call to tell us he'd arrived in Houston. We were already on our way back to the hotel...so it was okay. Only a short lapse of time really.

It is so good to have Kirk here. Both Lisa and I have appointments tomorrow for catheter insertions. Kirk will be our caregiver. Thank goodness they had the sense to schedule these procedures at different times.

I go to Rose 10 (the floor where MDA does all the allogeneic transplants) also tomorrow and start a four hour infusion to prepare me for radiation on Tuesday. After radiation, then I'll receive Lisa's cells.

The apartment is available at 3PM tomorrow, so we'll start moving in there. But maybe not until Tuesday. It just may be easier to stay at the hotel another night. We'll see.

We were able to get the adjoining room here at the hotel for Kirk and I, but it's not available another night. The room that Lisa and I have had for a week, however, IS still reserved until Wednesday.

Lisa's got a few small aches and pains from the Neupogen. I'm doing okay from the Cyclosporine. My feet started hurting a little today after walking the mall, but I wasn't wearing my running shoes. Just my converse. So that may be the reason. They feel pretty okay now. We came back to the room and watched the movie Office Space. What a funny movie! And I've seen it many times already.

I've got to go take my 10PM meds. All's well at this time and I don't see any reason for that to change.

No comments: