Friday, June 29, 2007

A VERY Long Day

It was a very long day today at the clinic. I had to go in at 8AM and have blood drawn every hour or so until 4:30PM! I know now why I was starting to feel better. My white blood count had gone up to 2.4, which is quite a leap from 2.0. All other counts were good as well, including the Magnesium. But my red blood went down too far and I had to receive a unit of blood. They were so careful with matching it to my blood that it took 2 hours for them to get it to me. Then it took 2 hours for me to take it by IV. Jacob and I did not leave until 5:30PM.

Oddly enough, I had enough energy (perhaps because of the red blood) to stop and rent a movie for us to watch. I felt Jacob deserved some kind of fun since he was in the room with me the entire time...except when he'd go to the cafe for food. My appetite was better, but I feel like a clothes hanger that needs straightening. I sat in bed that long without the energy to get up except to go to the bathroom.

My doctors assure me that I am doing very well and that these things are all part of the process I am going through. I just praise God mom is coming Sunday and that I don't have to go in for 3 whole days. I am also blessed that Kirk is coming Wednesday. I need him more than I thought. There's just no one like him for reassurance.

Jacob has been such a good caregiver. He just did the dishes after feeding me a decent dinner. He brought me Gatorade today, though I forgot to ask him to get it. He's such a good boy. I feel blessed to have him, too.

No comments: