Saturday, June 9, 2007

My First Saturday at Rose 11

I feel better today than I have in weeks. The Cyclosporine was reduced again from 300 MG to 200 MG. My rubin levels were too high, so they decided I was probably taking too much Cyclosporine. No headache today or terrible nausea. Not eating all that much, but what else is new?

Yesterday, I did sleep for most of the day, which makes for some interesting dreams. Sleeping so much makes it hard to distinguish the difference between waking and sleeping. For example, I'll see Martin (my cat) come into the room. He meows. I answer him with my waking voice and realize it was only a dream. This happens over and over again with only the characters and their requests changing. One amazing thing. I don't dream about having cancer any more.

So, at this moment, I'm writing my blog on my bed in the Ambulatory Treatment Center (medical-speak for Outpatient) watching HG TV. A slow IV of Magnesium is dripping into my body because they discovered if they drip it too fast I become so flushed it makes me feel as if I have a sunburn. When that happens I can get a headache. So they slowed it down.

Kirk is reading Memoirs of a Geisha. Yes, it's Saturday and I'm here receiving my treatment. It'll be interesting to see how things go on Sunday.

My mom comes in today at 5PM. I am looking forward to that.

We are still not sure who will be here for me after Mom leaves on the 17th. Or the next week for that matter.

I put my life in God's hands. I know he'll provide.

No comments: