Sunday, June 24, 2007

Departures, Arrivals and Lone Star Pride

Yesterday was Kirk's last full day here for the next 10 days, so we crammed in all the fun and food preparation possible. I wasn't up to or able to take a walk through the galleria, nor could I see a movie in the theater due to my counts being below normal. But we did watch a couple of DVD's. One of them I like more than the others: Music and Lyrics. I just loved the parody 80's group performance they called "Pop!"

Kirk and I also went for a car ride around the city. Our intention was to drive through the River Oaks neighborhood I'd heard about from friends. But first we found ourselves in the middle of Lone Star Pride festivities. I think every gay and lesbian couple within a 500 mile radius of Houston were lining the streets in preparation for a parade. Three young'uns were even dressed as Adam and Adam and Eve, but after the Fall as they wore nothing but ivy. God tried to dampen their jollity with a continual rain, but it t'were for nought. Everyone partied on.

Once we got out of that traffic snag, we employed the trusty (most of the time) GPS to find River Oaks Country Club. I was expecting to see grand houses, but I think their occupants were too "old money" for that. Maybe it was the rain, but these giant mansions seemed tired.

Jacob flies into Houston today at 12:30PM. I'm looking forward to seeing him, even though I know Kirk will be leaving soon after. Jacob will be the official heat and eat person, since Kirk spent much of the day cooking so that we'd have all we needed.

I am sleeping much better these days, thanks to your prayers and God. My only prayer request now is for my system to stop giving me fits over the Magnesium tablets I take each day.

It's been a relaxing weekend. Hope yours was, too!

No comments: