Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Weekend of Freedom

Having to go in Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays only is great. This is my first weekend since the transplant June 5th that I've just stayed home, doing an infusion of Mg with a small pump that fits in a zippered pouch about the size of a tummy pack. This along with sleeping well last night and having Kirk here have helped my mood so much. What a relief! Friday was such a busy day at the outpatient clinic on the 10th floor. The whole time I was there one person after another came by. One to give me a new pill; another to flush one of my lines that wasn't working. So, needless to say, the time went by a bit faster than usual.

Today, Kirk and I are going to prepare food for this next week. Jacob will be here Sunday, but there won't be any other adults again until Mom returns on July 1st. We want to make some stew and a potato salad in batches big enough to eat all week, if necessary. There will be a visit from a new friend that I pray with a lot on Tuesday, but that's it. Thursday would be a great day for anyone else who wanted to visit, mainly for moral support.

I know that many of you have been following this blog to pray for me. You should know that God has heard you and all the good things I've been experiencing are directly related to your petitions. I thank the Lord for you.

If I have any other prayer requests, it is for continued stress-reduction for Kirk at work. I am also thinking of August when my caregiver schedule leaves me alone Mondays through Thursdays. I know that by then my needs will have changed from what they are now. However, I'm fairly certain even a short visit in the early or late afternoon will help to raise my spirits on those days. This as well as making sure I have things to eat, since going to the store is not always easy when avoiding crowds is the mandate from MD Anderson. Please pray concerning this. I'm not supposed to go further than 30 minutes from MD Anderson, but I bet by August they'll let me loose a bit more. So maybe I'll be coming to see you, if you live in this area.

No comments: