Monday, June 4, 2007

Hanging Out at Rose 10

The CVC insertion (both Lisa's and mine) went well, as I knew it would. Kirk is wheeling Lisa over to the Rotary, since she is done with Apheresis. (She had a Darvon right at the end to help with some bone pain she was just starting to have.) So I'm here outside of the allogeneic clinic waiting for them to take me to a room. Then I will start a four-hour infusion of something to make tomorrow easier.

Tomorrow is a quick radiation treatment. About 1/30 the amount given to most breast cancer patients. But it may make me nauseated. I'm believing that it won't.

I heard good news from Renee today. The trial medicine she has been taking for almost 2 weeks is really starting to work. Her skin is getting lighter and she is very hopeful that it will continue to heal her as it has other MF patients she's met. One has been taking it only one month and she no longer experiences "the cold" and her itch is considerably less. Praise God is all I can say. I am so happy for her!

Tomorrow is the big day. Lisa did so well today, she may not need to give any more cells tomorrow. I do radiation and take her cells (ie. get the bone marrow transplant) tomorrow.

Mom arrives this Saturday and will say the week, so that Kirk can go back to work. Since we don't have anyone for the week after she leaves and I am likely to be a bit "wonky" still, Kirk may have to come back. That is, unless someone else can take over those four days of the week of the 16th. Whatever that Monday is. I don't have my calendar right in front of me.

No comments: