Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Special Thanks to My Mom

My mom returned to Santa Fe, NM yesterday. She did so much for me while she was here that I really wanted to thank her publicly. While she was here, I was going through the most difficult part of this allo transplant. She took care of my every need. Cooking, doing dishes and laundry, and just being there. Every day she took me to my appointments, sat with me in waiting rooms, and provided moral support at every turn. I feel so blessed and lucky to have such a great mom.

She even made sure Kirk and I had lots of different healthy and delicious foods to heat and eat. I felt how especially great that was yesterday afternoon when I drove myself home for the first time, arriving home hungry and ready for dinner. Everything was at the ready. I just put the pot of chicken on to heat and voila...dinner! I really needed that because I was almost too hungry to make anything!

I'm going to miss her quiet talks with me, watching Family Feud on television and just having her around. She's got so much to offer. She's coming back July 1 for another week when Jacob is here. I look forward to all that we'll be able to do then when I'm feeling even better than I feel now.

Kirk is here now. I can hear him talking on the phone for his work. It was so great last night having him back by my side on the bed. I sure do miss his sweet face, I can tell you! But he's here now and all's well. I wish he could be here all the time, but I'm just going to enjoy it while he's here.

I woke up feeling pretty good this morning. I'm still not sleeping to well, though I took a Benadryl to help in that direction. I woke up feeling a little achy, probably from walking again yesterday. There are several flights of stairs to and from our apartment. My muscles haven't used like that since before two or three weeks ago. Once I start moving around, the aches pretty much go away...so it's all good.

My only prayers needs right now are for better sleep, relaxation on days off and for Kirk (who's under some pretty high stress).

Thank you for your prayers so far!

No comments: