Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Finally...An Update

It hasn't been because I was too sick. I've actually been feeling pretty good. It hasn't been because I've been too busy. I've had time to write here and there. The reason I haven't written is more about a lack of energy, since I've been hanging out a lot at MD Anderson received Magnesium treatments and getting tired as my counts start getting low. Nothing unusual here. All of this was bound to happen.

It's a great blessing that this week and now that's she's extended it through much of next week, my mom will be here with me. She helps me in so many ways. I really don't know how I'd have made it as well as I have without her. A couple of nights were so tough I crawled in bed with her.

The problem: mainly headaches and a feeling that resembles what an electrical pole must feel when electricity hums up and down it. That is most likely due to my Cyclosporine counts being too high and will soon be remedied. My body gets so warm--almost more of a summer sunburn feeling--when I take Magnesium, so we've had to slow down the infusion quite a bit.

I've had great support from other friends. Especially a new prayer partner I call upon when I can. Sam Stringfield made me an adorable "W" with a sweet message on the back, which has meant so much to me. Randy also gave me something from his trips to Russia. I just love it.

Lisa is back, of course, in New Mexico, happy and healthy. All ill affects from the medication and the CVC they put in her leg (since her veins in her arms were too small). She sounds great. I can't wait to be in Santa Fe again partying and enjoying the beautiful surroundings there. They saw the "tornado" from their house that was shown on CNN this past weekend.

My White Blood Count is steadily going down...though slowly, while my Red count stays the same! Platelets are good. Found out I'm a carrier of something called CMV--a kind of herpes virus that gives you cold sores. That means taking another medication to prevent any outbreaks there.

Otherwise, all seems to be going just fine. I slept very well for the first time in a while last night. Mainly because a praying friend prayed I would.

I have stories about angels I've seen at MD Anderson, but I'll tell those in another blog.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Continuing prayers from here.
Energy and blessing be with you.

Sherry said...

Thank you so much!

Sherry said...

Thank you so much!