Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Lot of Waiting

It's a lot waiting in waiting rooms these days, but mom and I find things to do. Mom took the required CVC care classes, so today she could do what is called a DEMO. That means she'll change my dressing in front of a nurse who'll give her the ALL CLEAR for having the honor of changing my dressing. Infusion Therapy requires people to take the class twice so they don't miss anything. I'm hoping we'll be done with my daily infusion of Magnesium Sulfate to go to the DEMO by 3:30PM without having to drag my IV pole along with us.

I am expecting a miracle today...in terms of my levels today. God is going to bring up my Magnesium serum levels today. I can just feel it. My other counts are doing as is customary and normal for someone taking the kinds of medications I'm taking.

I'm so glad mom is here. I know I wouldn't be doing as well as I am if she weren't here. The first month is a lot about being tired and think I would have slept through some important things...like dinner and medications...if mom hadn't been there to wake me up.

Jacob is about to be off for Boy Scout Camp. It should be fun for him. He gets to do a lot of fun things! Like Advanced Sailing! I'm looking forward to seeing him, though. I do miss having my family around me.

It will be great when Kirk can come back to Houston (if only for a visit.) I miss him a lot.

Mom had no trouble extending her flight departure to next Wednesday, so I'm covered until then. Then Kirk comes. Jacob will be here after Boy Scout Camp.

No comments: