Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Beautiful Day

There was something really beautiful about today. I was so down on Wednesday. Even called to ask a friend in this area to pray with me over the phone. My counts were all so good, but I was feeling terrible. The only word that I can think of to describe the feeling I had Wednesday is "claustrophobic."

But today I was released in ways too profound to justify in this entry. Let's just say it was really quite beautiful. I had energy. Jacob and I played the card game Uno. I read a mystery book from a series that is about as light and uncomplicated as can be. I took Jacob down to the pool, so he could do his training for the Grand Canyon. Then I still had enough energy to get some Mexican food at a local restaurant that is not usually very busy. Even the weather here in Houston seemed to cooperate...it was not nearly as muggy this afternoon or evening as it has been. It rumbled and thundered like it was going to rain, but never did. Of course, my Magnesium was high enough on Wednesday to warrant only a small home infusion today.

I also had a nice talk with a possible caregiver, who would be able to stay with me nights Sundays through Thursdays. She is a student of MD Anderson working toward her Ph.D. She sounded very nice and I know her through relatives, so she may be a good alternative to someone being here 24/7. But I am still leaving things open. I was sort hoping for someone who could get me to my appointments, even stay with me at them, if possible. But, as I said, I'm open to possibilities.

No comments: