Sunday, July 29, 2007

Fun With Denise

My friend Denise found a way to get off from work Monday, so she could hang out at the apartment. We are watching The Prestige, a riveting movie (so far). Right now, she's on the phone with her sister (my mom called just a few moment before) and the movie's paused.

We did the yoga DVD that mom and I bought in July. I found it easier to do than when I tried to do the poses then. It is a nice reminder that I am getting stronger and healthier. I'm not saying I was able to do ALL the poses. But I DID do all the "Downward Facing Dog" poses (about 4 in a row,) which is something. Last time I was barely strong enough to do just one.

It rained much of the day today, but Kirk was able to be off to Dallas without too much trouble from weather. He back now in Frisco already, admitting that the drive is starting to wear on him a bit. I think he may need a book on tape or something. Denise brought Steve Martin's Pure Drivel, which I love. I only listened to one of the "stories" on it, but it was very funny. I'll have to make sure Kirk gets a copy to enjoy on his way back to Dallas next weekend.

Friday turned out to be a crazily long day. I needed two units of blood. Funny thing is I didn't feel so bad. No headaches. No terrible weariness. But my counts had fallen below 8 and that's the magic number. It took them longer to find a match...though the "critical shortage" of last week seemed to have righted itself. I had two units and did not leave until after 11PM! I am hoping THAT was the last time I'd need that.

Back to the movie!

No comments: