Saturday, July 21, 2007

Computer Virus...Better It Than Me

My computer crashed a few days ago, so I've been unable to check e-mail or update my blog until just now. Actually, I think CCCCD must be updating their system because I can't even check my e-mail tonight. The problem is usually resolved by morning, so I'll try again then. If you've got an urgent message to send, try sending it to Kirk's work e-mail at kwilder@symphonysms.com.

Tomorrow I'll be moving into my new apartment with the better view. Monday, I'll have a caregiver. My neice from Vernon's family. She's a lovely young woman with so much to offer. I feel very blessed about all these changes. And Kirk and Jacob are here to help me make them.

My red blood went down to 8 today, so I was given a unit to bring my color and energy back. I do feel almost instantly better. It's been two weeks since my last infusion. But this is my third. It is not unususal for this kind of thing to happen while in recovery for an allogeneic transplant. I am just grateful that I now have energy again. I had become quite the couch potato this last week. It was difficult just walking across the room a few times, so I slept a lot. Not too good for my mind or for my body. So receiving the blood means I can pick up my exercise again. Hopefully, my body will take over from this point.

All my other counts are normal.

Cassy is doing fine on the antibiotic Kirk's been giving her daily. The cat chewed out all of his stitches, but that turned out to be fine, too.

It was looking very very hot and uncomfortable here in Houston last week. Then it rained all week and *poof* better weather. I mean, better for Houston, that is.

Prayer request: red blood count going and staying at normal; my new caregiver--working out the kinks in our relationship; travel for Kirk and Jacob as they head back to Frisco; my state of mind--as I begin to spend time alone before Julie comes after work.

No comments: