Monday, July 9, 2007

Cat Scan Wednesday

It appears as if next week will be the beginning of my "home alone" experience in this phase of my treatment. Kirk can come Thursday, but he will leave and take Jacob with him on Sunday. That means I'll be here taking care of things on my own Mondays through Thursdays for a while.

This Wednesday I am having a CAT Scan to see if I've got something going on with my sinuses that may be triggering my headaches. I am hoping this will help my team to treat the headaches as sinus-itus rather than migraines. I was able to keep headaches away today for the most part. But they are always literally "knocking at the door" (ie. throbbing) and waiting for a chance to become a full blown terrible headache.

Aside from this and feeling a little sleepy, I had a pretty good day. Most days, in fact, up to this point have been mostly like the one I had today. Just a little tired, just a little headache-y. Mainly, I think from the infusion of Magnesium, which has that effect on me, I think.

I am making progress, though, from my perspective, it seems slow. My team seems to think I'm doing marvelously. And making progress rather quickly. All I know is that I am trusting God to get through this next part.

Please continue to pray for Kirk and that my counts go up to where they need to be and stay there. Also that the headaches be cured with information from the CAT scan.

No comments: