Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Game of Wii

It's a long Tuesday at MDA today. Longer than usual, since I'm here at 8AM for some blood work. Good thing I'm feeling better.

Tonight or tomorrow I plan to take pictures of the new apartment so I can post them on this blog.

Last night, I played games for the first time on a Wii. Bowling...electronically is the best way to describe it, if you've never played on a Wii. The Wii belongs to my new caregiver, Julie, who is a niece of mine by my ex-husband. Things are working out well with her. We seem to actually like watching the same sorts of things on television. Watched stupid mind candy liked "Age of Love" last night. The night before we watched her DVD of Kira Knightly (sp?) in Pride and Prejudice. It was the first time I'd seen it. And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've been eating and exercising better lately. Last night, believe it or not, the weather was so nice out, it was really nice getting out for a walk around the lake that's right outside my patio.

Friday I have a bone marrow biopsy and then some tests on Monday to see how I'm doing with the cancer. I fully expect that they'll find nothing left. The full report probably won't be out until next Tuesday (that's when I see the doctor typically).

I praying that I won't need any more red blood infusions, since they are having a shortage around here. It makes it difficult to get units of blood. Whatever the case, I've learned that able-bodied people ought to go out right now and give blood, if they can. It's a shortage that happens every summer apparently.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Prayers especially for your Friday!

Sherry said...

Yes, thank you!