Saturday, July 14, 2007

Garage Sailing

This morning while it was still nice (though somewhat muggy all the same,) Kirk and I went Garage "Sailing" in the area. We found about three garage/yard sales, but only two were worth a visit. At one, I made a huge find: four Fire King bowls with handles. Fire King is collectible, though these particular bowls were less so because they were white. But I like them and don't plan to sell them. And we need them. The bowls that came with the apartment are kind of grim--too large to balance on the hand and too shallow to keep from spilling.

I also found a crocheted cap, which I washed carefully. We'll have to see how it works out.

We visited, as well, a bead shop different from the one in Rice Village. I decided to buy enough beads to make a necklace to give myself an art project.

Right now, we're on our way out the door to take a look at a campground that some patients at MDA have raved about. It is actually in the city, not far from here. We're going to check it out.

No comments: