Friday, July 27, 2007

A Little Experiment

Since I've started eating more...well, it appeared my gastro-intestinal issues were worsening. So I called my Pharmacy M.D. at the hospital to see what he would suggest I do...other than taking Immodium three or four times a day. He brought up the dreaded G-word (you know, GVHD) because some people get it in that form. He suggested, however, that I stop taking the Magnesium Sulfate tablets (a known laxative) for a day to see if my "issues" stopped. If they did, then that meant my discomfort was caused by the Magnesium not GVHD.

I'm happy to report that as soon as I stopped taking the Magnesium, my symptoms disappeared. So this gastro stuff is not being caused by anything all that terrible...just too much Magnesium. I wonder tomorrow what the doctor will think I should do, since taking 4 tablets (that's 2000 Mg) of Magnesium is too hard on my system. I imagine he'll say for me to try one tablet for a few days, then see how my counts are doing. Then go from there.

Well, enough of that! Kirk is on his way here as I'm writing this. He had to leave a bit later than usual to prepare a very important RFP (or something) that's due in the morning for a very important client. Kirk called an hour or so ago and said he was not sleepy, since he'd gone to bed early enough last night. I always hate it when he drives here so late. He must be made of sturdier stuff than me. I know I'd have to pull over and end up sleeping the whole night through on the side of the road!

I'm excited to report that the people upstairs have finally calmed down enough to stop what sounds like elephant mating. Every once in a while I hear the sound of an Arabic-sounding dialect coming from the patio above. I wonder what's got them so riled up!? Could it be the stock market's sudden descent? Or just a baby that won't go to sleep. Or maybe I'm just going to bed a bit early (11:30PM!) for most humans, who (apparently) like to take their elephants for a walk around their apartment before turning in for the night.

(Can you guess what the picture is above? I'll give you 2 hints: it's green and it sits on a pond.)

No comments: