Sunday, May 6, 2007

Dinner With Old Friends

Tonight, Kirk and I had dinner with old friends from my Hope Chapel days in Austin. It was great to see Renee, who's fighting cancer just as I am. I know we'll see her and her husband, who pastors a church in Austin now called Red River Church (not too many miles from where Hope Chapel still stands,) more before all of us return home Tuesday. We might even be staying at the same hotel, as it turns out!

We talked for hours at Alladin's, a Mediterranean food place, we ended up going to when the place we'd originally chosen closed early for the evening. Renee's husband, Keith, drove us to the restaurant, while Renee and I chatted without stopping from the back seat. She's been through a lot (as have I.) We talked about transplants, since her doctor has spoken with her about doing one. We had been through the same nurses in apherisis, but Renee had been more often. She knew everyone by name, including their personalities and ways.

She will be involved in a new treatment trial from May 20-25th. Two people have gone into remission with the medication, and I know it will work the same for her.

Please pray for her to be healed, even as you are praying for me and all the concerns I've had.

No comments: