Monday, May 28, 2007

Leaving Dallas for Houston Tomorrow

Tomorrow morning I'll be driving to Houston. I have no appointments, except to get Lisa from the airport at 9:35PM. We'll be staying at the Rotary Hotel on the MD Anderson campus. The apartment won't be ready until next Monday (June 4) after 3PM, but chances are we won't move in until after Wednesday. Lots of appointments. So it might be easier just to stay as close to the clinics as possible.

Kirk will probably join Lisa and me on Saturday or Sunday. He'll be bringing with him most of the stuff that I'll be wanting with me at the apartment, besides what I'll already have with me.

I bought Lisa a funny little surprise gift that I think will make her laugh when I pick her up at the airport.

I'm feeling much calmer about everything for some reason tonight. That wasn't the case yesterday. But I remembered to pray and breath. So I'm feeling better tonight. I haven't driven so far by myself since Thanksgiving. I'll have the GPS, so I'll be less likely to get lost.

Kirk is a little upset about me having to take off by myself. Please pray for him. I keep reminding him I'll be with Lisa, but it doesn't help much. He's been my primary caregiver for a long time now. It's not easy for him to give that up, I think. I mean, he puts on a brave face, but he's still having a hard time.

I keep remembered Ruth Reid, who had to be in Argentina by herself when she received her treatment. Michael could not be there for her, since he was sick in the hospital. How scary that must have been for both of them. But they are fine today. It's hard to believe you'll be fine when you're going through it. I guess that's what faith is all about. I heard someone once say that FAITH stands for Fun Adventures In Trusting Him. That's certainly true, but right now it doesn't seem particularly fun.

No comments: