Friday, February 9, 2007

The Alternative Side of MD Anderson

I did not think it was possible, but there is an alternative side to MD Anderson. It's called the Wellness Place. Everything from reduced-cost acupuncture to Tai Chi is offered. Since I'm an alternative kind of chick, I decided to check it out. The class I attended was being taught by a guy named Mike (pictured near wall in background of photo) whom I immediately liked. Three hours later I walked out with all the knowledge of the ancients and, of course, of Mike himself. Though most of what I learned was too...unbelievable to mention in this unassuming little blog I've created, I must say I think it may help me. It was all new stuff and that's saying something, since I thought I'd heard about every alternative treatment for side effects there was.

It was good, and mainly because, for some reason, though it was weird stuff, it didn't creep me out. And I think I attribute that to Mike. The guy teaching the class. A fifty-something Zen master type with about 20 years of experience doing "energy work."

I also met a few cool people on their way to enlightenment (other cancer patients) and obtained a meditation for cleansing my bone marrow.

Today, we see my main doctor--Ms. Donna Weber. Then, if I can get near a computer, I'll report to you what I already know: that I am even further or at remission status.

Please pray and thank you for praying. No matter how many alternative treatments may tickle my fancy, there's still nothing as effective for me as a good ol' dose of Godly intervention.

No comments: