Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No More Velcade, But Antibiotics

I'm happy to report that I'll probably not be doing any more Velcade injections, since the transplant appears to be coming up soon enough. I have only 7 more steroid pills to take tomorrow, then I'm done with that. Dr. Stokoe, my local oncologyst, was worried about my cold becoming an infection, so he prescribed antibiotics--a Z pack. That's fine. It's already helping, and I was worried, too.

I slept very well last night and woke up feeling really good this morning.

Kirk negotiated the apartment stay and when we know exactly when I'll start the transplant, he'll work out the condo or wherever we'll be staying before March 5th.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. But, for some reason, I don't feel it. I guess it's the steroid affecting me again. Nonetheless, I'm happy that I have such a wonderful couple of sweethearts living in this house with me. I'm feeling peaceful about the transplant.

Life is good.

No comments: