Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bone Marrow Biopsy Today

I have several appointments today, but the only one I care about is the Bone Marrow Biopsy. Gave 11 vials of blood this morning for analysis! A jug of urine and then a cup (who knows why theky can't get enough from the jug.) Just finished x-rays of my chest. Then, my next appointment: some kind of interview to teach me how to give myself the shots for harvesting my bone marrow. I think. I wonder if they'll give me a row to hoe.

But the only one I care about is the biopsy at 1PM. Had to fight for partial sedation with Versed. I'll take that about 30 mins. before in syrup form. Then, the fun begins. I really don't like bm biopsies. They suck. You lay on your belly and next thing you know somebody's digging into your hip with a long needle. Maybe this time, I won't even know what's going on. For this sort of thing, I like it that way.

After that, all done. Don't think I'll be eating bar-be-que tonight. It's chicken and brocolli with asparagus (Jacob's favorite food--joking) for me.

The weather is still fantastic here in Houston.

No comments: