Thursday, February 1, 2007

It's Snowing And I've Got Cold Feet (About the Transplant)

Alternative medicine: Practices not generally recognized by the medical community as standard or conventional medical approaches and used instead of standard treatments.

Since October, I've come to know alternative medicine. I've read books, articles and documents of various lengths from friends, family, homeopathic doctors, alternative therapists and the internet. The experience leaves me with feelings that are as broad as the field of alternative medicine itself.

I've had quite a few people--strangers and friends alike--offer to sell me vitamins. These encounters left me cold.

On the other hand, many people--strangers, friends and family--have offered remedies of various kinds because I asked for them. Some of these remedies have been extremely helpful; others just seemed too silly, crazy or downright impossible. Strangely, remedies I've rejected work beautifully for others. And even more strangely, remedies that once worked for me stopped working for a while, then worked once again.

But today I got cold feet about the transplants. I started looking for holistic doctors. I had met with one who really creeped me out. Maybe this time it wouldn't be so bad....

Whatever the case, as I wander through this haze of choices, it's good to know solutions I can really use have been offered by loved ones. Like what I'm going to do with my pets or how I'm going to get my house scoured in preparation for my return when my immunity will be low (thank you, Heather and Ina!)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Sherry,

I have cold feet too. I've put the transplant off for 4 years now, and I've used up some treatments in that time. It looks like I'll probably HAVE to do it this spring or summer. Keep us posted!

Beth

Sherry said...

Hey, Beth,

Wow! I'd love to know more. If you have a blog or can e-mail me, please do.

Sherry