Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cat Scan Tomorrow & Transplant Doctor Visit

At 7AM tomorrow morning, I'll have a Cat Scan of my head and neck area. I have no idea why. But I'm sure it has something to do with making sure I have no bone lesions, since today I had my long bones x-rayed. I had an MRI for the second opinion back in November, but a Cat Scan is different somehow. No eating 3 hours before--like I'm going to get up at 4 in the morning and have a little snack! I'm hoping I won't have problems with clausterphobia like I did with the MRI at first. But Kirk will be there to get me through it even if there is a problem. That's what worked last time for the MRI.

I'll be seeing Dr. Popat at 9:30AM, and I'm hoping he'll have the results of all these tests I've been doing. I also have some questions to ask him, so tonight I'll be making a list. A kind of enchantment falls upon Kirk and me when we are in the presence of these doctors. All of our questions fade to the back of our minds, leaving us without questions--and, thus, without answers.

Friday morning, the catheter will be inserted. I took a picture of the thing, but can't get it to upload! I'm going to try again. Next week, I'll have my computer at the new apartment--maybe the internet will be able to handle my pics then.

No comments: