Thursday, March 1, 2007

A Room Without A View

Looks can, as we all know, be deceiving. The apartment I thought I wanted turned out to be an apartment I'd never want. No balcony, only windows overlooking a beautiful parking lot. Entry is accomplished by way of a walk down a long Texas-sized mosquitoe infested hallway. The leasing agent listened and gave us another apartment complex within walking distance to check out.

What a difference a walk down the street makes. The place has two fitness centers and a long sidewalk looping around two lakes inside the property. A red bud outside the balcony. I immediately did the Wayne Dyer thing and "intended" to switch to this apartment (and soon.)

Intention always works, so this morning we're in at least on paper. I'll put the new address on the website soon. Brompton Courts will not be it.

The CAT scan was an easy experience. The only suprise: an IV in the arm took longer than usual since my veins have turned tiny with so many needles these past months. They used it to give me iodine, which made me feel warm all over (but not necessarily in a good way.)

Last night, I had my third water dream in a row. But last night was much more significant because I did have an actual WAVE dream. Something's brewing. I don't know what. But it's always something with wave dreams. More on this later. I'm off to see Dr. Popat and hear my results.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sherry !! It's cousin Chris. I've been reading your blog and keeping up. I know how hard all this is, I think about you every day. Reading your blogs reminds me of all the time I spent with Mom running up and down the halls there at MD Anderson. If there's ever anything you or Kirk need, just let me know. I'm on Cingular BTW, you can call me anytime if you want to talk or if your just bored ! 940-366-2377. It took a while to get your blog address... trying to get info passed from Evangel to my Gma to me is quite an experience !! I tried to email you a few times, but either you never got mine or I never got yours back.
Hope you have a good day and stay in touch.
-Chris

Sherry said...

Hey, Chris!

It's really good to hear from you. Thanks for keeping up with my blog. And thanks for your contact info. I'm sure we'll have a time when we'll need it. I know it is already in my phone, but it may be an old # of yours. So I'll check. Most of all, I just love your support. If there's anything you need from me or Kirk, call us. If you don't have our number, ask Evangel. Are you sending e-mails to swilder@ccccd.edu? That is the best one, right now.

Love,

Sherry

Sherry said...

Hey, Chris--

We don't seem to have your e-mail can you send it to mine at swilder@ccccd.edu?

That will keep you and Aunt Ruby in the loop. And we can hear from you more often!

SW