Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hair Today, Gone...Maybe Friday?

I'm okay, but I'm not feeling back to normal just yet. My main complaint is a sore throat--the result of a high white blood cell count (they say.) I also tend toward headaches, if I exert myself too much. For example, try to climb a flight of stairs.

And (drum roll, please) my hair has now started to fall out. Actually, it is more like heavy shedding than anything. This means lots of hairs in my brush and a creepy feeling when I first wake up. So I've started wearing a little hat at night to catch the hairs, giving me a sense of control over the situation. Weirdly, my hair seems to shed the most when I am feeling the best. So, it does not bother me all that much. I mean, I've been preparing for this hair thing for several months now. I am ready.

Dad flies out tomorrow. It has been a great thing having him here. Comforting and a great chance to get closer. He has been so patient with me (as has Kirk,) since days around apartment #5327 are a little "slow," to say the least.

This morning (I know, it's Sunday)--Kirk and I showed up for another blood test. They are constantly checking my vitals and my blood at MDA to make sure I have no needs. Like more platelets, etc. All of my counts were within acceptable ranges, so I did not have to get any treatments.

Tomorrow, I have another round of tests, but I think the results will be the same. And this is good because I'm ready to get out of Houston!

No comments: