Friday, March 30, 2007

Bluebonnet Heaven

This morning was my second of two visits to the transplant doctors this week. It's down to that now. One Monday and one today. All my counts were excellent. And I am free to do what I wish with my weekend. I think I'll see some bluebonnets. Visit friends in Austin. Enjoy my favorite place on earth.

I also received a fantastic e-mail from my step-sister, Penelope. It is so good to hear from her! And it's been a long time. She sent a meaning of life response, so that'll be available soon.

But for now, I'm stepping out to live my life--at least as much as I can, since I'm still in a state of semi-quarantine. More thoughts on this coming soon because (believe me) that's actually quite a kettle of fish cooking in my boiled over brain, right now.

One more thing: the catheter is out. And it didn't hurt a bit. The nurse said, "Take a deep breath" and zip, no more catheter. I feel completely free. I'm scheduled for my exit interview Monday, April 9th, and then, most likely, home on April 10th! Sweet!

No comments: