Thursday, March 1, 2007

Results and New Apartmentment

As I'm looking around me now, I see french doors that open onto a balcony. It's dark now, but I know there's a red bud tree out just beyond the railing. The living room is clean and obviously newly carpeted. I can see the kitchen over the bar and the doors left and right to the bedrooms. I am so glad that tomorrow when I am recovering from the catheter insertion that I'll have a King-sized bed to sleep in.

The weather here is just beautiful, too. Good moving weather. The grounds here are luscious. Two ponds and a walking path surrounding. But somehow it doesn't look like something you'd find in Dallas. Lots of trees, even pines.

Tomorrow, cathether insertion. I'm not too thrilled about it, but it's necessary to remove my thick blood. That is, my blood will be thick after the stem cells from my bone marrow have moved into my blood. I start the Neupogen shots Saturday. They say I'll feel as if I have the flu because my white count goes up. Bone pain is common, as well. A blood test on Monday will tell whether or not there's enough to start harvesting the stem cells I'll donate to myself.

Today was a big day for other reasons. I talked to my team: a very knowledgable and nice group of people. I think I saw a total of six people who's concern for my health and welfare during this transplant is paramount. It was flattering and cool.

But I know pretty soon I'm likely to start feeling a bit sick. I'm hoping not, but...well, you'll be the first to know.

My reports are good. I have only 2% cancer cells in the sample they took during the biopsy. That was at 20%! My counts are all good--platelets, glucose, all that stuff: normal.

No comments: