Saturday, March 3, 2007

Neupogen: Day One

Started feeling tired about an hour after my first shot of Neupogen. I fell asleep on the extra bed, listening to Kirk on his lap top. At 1PM, we headed to MDA for a class on catheter management. While waiting for it to start, I fell asleep again. The class was in a cramped room with a nurse whose accent told me she was from Jamaica. I hoped Kirk was listening as she explained daily injections of Heprin to keep the thing from clogging. Next, how to change the dressing on the thing. Meanwhile, bone aches set in. All I can eat at lunch is half a bowl of soup and a Root Beer, to help with the nausea. Another shot of Neupogen tonight, and I'm sure I'll feel even worse.

They tell me that means it's working. I'll be able to stop the shots when they get enough cells on Monday or Tuesday.

They say there's a full eclipse of the moon today. I wish I were up to it.

No comments: