Thursday, March 8, 2007

Missed Appointment, But It's All GOOD

After apheresis on Wednesday, Kirk understood that I was to have a day off and not come in again until today. Once lucid, I checked this on line only to find I DID have an appointment. But I went back to bed, believing Kirk knew something I didn't. So, we missed my appointments for Wednesday. It all worked out fine. If anything, the incident is a testimony to Kirk being overstressed about EVERYTHING.

Now, I do have time off until Monday. Then, I'll say, let the games begin. Probably high dose chemo on Tuesday, maybe Wednesday. It just depends on their mood. Mom's coming in Saturday, so we'll have time until the sleeping begins again. (Though I'm sure there'll be plenty of that this weekend, since my white count is still so high from Neupogen.)

I met a man with MM today. Actually, I met his wife. The man himself was so despondent and sick he just sat in his wheelchair with his face to the wall. His wife seemed young. (I actually thought her husband was her father.) They are both from Austin and going through hell like all of us at MD Anderson. I know I will see them again, as I've started to see a few familiar faces now and then. Some keep to themselves, like the man with his little girl, trying to comfort with pats and endearing murmurs as his little girl alternately slept and cried through apheresis. Some are there to donate and are most willing to talk it up (if you've got the energy.) But most are just trying to make it through another day of treatment, as am I.

Meanwhile, Jacob fights against evil in Gandalf's army, as melodramatic music from the XBOX fills the living room.

No comments: