Monday, March 26, 2007

More Freedom

My doctor said today I was free to shave off the Yoda-like remains of my hair. Well, I didn't exactly look like Yoda. But noticed I did certain abilities only one who has tapped into the Force can accomplish. (Levitating Kirk off his chair, I am.) My hair was coming off so easily that an accidental brush of my hand through it would bring disturbing strands of two or three inches. I opted for the shave down in the stark maze-like halls of the 1st floor at MDA. And got a free scarf in the deal.

I now can say with great confidence that I look like Britney Spears.

I am now also free from the saline drip I carried with me. This is wonderful. The doctor says I will wilt like a flower without water and feel tired much of the time. I don't now, though I did just have a two-hour nap. It's true I do get hit suddenly by tiredness and sleeping is the only cure.

I am also supposed to lose about 6 pounds of water weight this week. Then another 6 next week and so on, until I lose about 15 pounds. I'm looking forward to this as it will help me get over that plateau I struggled with for 2 years! No, actually, it's not all that great. It's a bit alarming to keep losing weight at that rate. I have to watch my blood pressure, otherwise I could pass out just from standing.

So now it is just Kirk and me, and that is nice. We have not been alone for many weeks. We'll have to spend some time getting re-acquainted.

I've received so many lovely cards. One of favorites is a homemade card about my hair, signed by mom, Sam and her c0-workers. Thank you so much. The card came at the perfect time, since today I am totally bald. (A picture should be forthcoming, as soon as I dare.)

Thanks for your continued prayers. I know I am handling all of the side effects well because of the petitions to God that have prompted Him to move on my behalf.

2 comments:

pupalo said...

i dreamed last night that you and i were riding bikes, having many misadventures...

Sherry said...

Wish I had really been there...or maybe that's why I awoke with dandelion fluff down my neck?