Friday, March 23, 2007

To Platelets and Feeling Better

Having two men as caregivers this week has been God's little way of having a giggle at my expense. The last two days have been embarrassing because my monthly visit from the god of bloodletting came as scheduled, but would not stop because I had no platelets. It weakened me terribly and was so scary we all loaded up the Explorer and headed to the hospital. Dad actually ended up popping in at Randall's to buy me sanitary napkins! I believe the experience left him some shreds of manhood, but having to ask the pharmacist to advise him in his purchase may have stripped him of all pride in the end. We are still not certain.

(Picture, above: Kirk catching some Zzz's in the pop-up last Spring. I don't know why I include it in this blog, but it seems somehow apropos.)

After some deliberation from my favorite female doctors while I suffered terrible migraine pain (again) and listened to the booming voices of men catching up on their business calls, it was agreed that I needed a platelet infusion. I was also given a very nice gift to alleviate the headache: Tylenol with Codene. I could sing its praises, but you can tell by the name alone that it is one great med, let me tell you. Now, I am a different person, feeling much better and happily clicking away at my e-mail.

I feel as if I have "turned the corner."

Many cards and letters from family and loved ones have been received. Thank you! Very soon I will present Evangel's meaning of life letter, which she very kindly sent me. It is beautiful and will be on this blog SOON.

No comments: