Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Meaning of Life: Kirk's Answer

For now, I can only attempt to comprehend the present meaning of life which I believe is pursuit, risk, trial, discovery and growth of our unique, divine gifts to benefit all, resulting in enjoyment, appreciation, wonder, love and awe. Beyond that, I don’t think that we are yet to know.

There is a supreme being, a force of life that makes it all work and I remain in awe of how amazing life already is – how complex our bodies are, our senses of sight, sound, smell, taste and touch to perceive and try to reason all that is around us – the vastness of space, from the smallest of matter to the vastness of our solar system, to the size of our galaxies and into deep space without end.

It is a miracle to how all existence interacts and to the abundance of all forms of life on earth. Why am I so moved by nature? What are we to learn from the laws of nature? How does it all work together? How does the sun hold our planet in orbit, the moon create our tides, why is there day and night, seasons to the year and in how many ways does all nature depend on each other?

For now, I must cherish each moment of each day with the blessings of life on this planet. Beyond that I can only wonder in awe with great excitement of what’s to come.

“To infinity, and beyond!”

- Buzz Lightyear

No comments: