Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mom Arrives in Houston

Mom's flight arrived early at Hobby, but we were already there waiting for her. You can tell by the picture how thrilled Jacob is to see her and so am I. I felt peace knowing she was here. As if next week would be all right somehow.

Kirk is so overloaded these days. I know he will be so excited for the extra help. But it's not just that. It's something else.

More than anything, I think it's the love she brings that's needed.

She brought gifts, too! Several warm scarves and hats, slippers. I love them all! She also brought a hair hat. I'm sure you'll see that one on someone's head soon enough.

A special friend of my mom's whose been through cancer himself sent me a kachina doll and two dollar coins that I now cherish. The kachina doll, Manley explained in his letter, represents the sun and moon, who watches over us at all times. It is the doll he received when going through his own cancer and now he's passing it on to me. When I am done with the cancer, I'm to pass it on to someone else who is getting through cancer. Thanks, Manley. Such a thoughtful gift and it means so much to me.

No comments: