Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Stick a Fork in Me: I'm Done! (With This Part Anyway)

Apheresis is over. Tuesday was day one. It took me 6 hours but I collected 4 units of stem cells. Yesterday, was day two. I was only there 4 hours, but collected 7 units. The total needed was 8, so I'm done.

Today is a day of rest. Kind of like an after-the- Oscars party, but on Ambien. I'd like to thank my husband for being there for me when all I could do was whine. My son for holding my hand and healing my aches and pains. My agent...wait a minute, I don't have an agent yet. Oh, yea, Tran, my nurse, who seemed to know what I needed before I asked for it. ZZZzzzzzzzz.

(I'm asleep now. You know, doing the ancient eyelid inspection. Counting sheep. Dreaming of Freud...whatever. Meanwhile, Jacob does his homework--Mexican War Timeline pictured above.)

No comments: